Book design made simple & professional. Sell books for more or charge higher design fees more more professional design.
Buy my book! A graphic design book written for self-publishers and graphics professionals.
Does any of this sound familiar?
“I don’t know how to compile a professional looking book. What typefaces should I use? How do I create a page layout? How do I handle color and photo resolution? Where do chapters and parts go?”
Whether you are a self-publisher, graphic artist, design student, or a small publisher, you need to learn more about book design basics for printing and publishing to take your skills to the next level. To use this book, you need to have basic Adobe InDesign skills.
Book Design: Simple & Professional is more about book design than how to use Adobe InDesign.
Book design is expensive.
It is … because professional book designers have knowledge that you too can learn in my book. Save money on design fees for your self-published book!
How do I begin.
I’ll take you through the process of book step-by-step design. Book design is explained well and the end result is a professional looking book.
I design, but not books.
Graphic artists learn from my graphic design book. Become a book designer. Take on book design projects with confidence and charge higher fees.
What if you could…
… design your own professional looking books. Self-publishers who use Adobe InDesign. Turn out a professional looking book yourself with Book Design: Simple & Professional.
… design books with confidence for self-publishers, authors and small publishers. Few design schools teach book design. Graphics artists who already use Adobe InDesign can charge higher book design fees as a book design professional. Having designed many books myself, I put book and publishing basics as well as much advanced information together, in one book.
Introducing Book Design: Simple & Professional
A book for self-publishers and graphics professionals using Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. It’s simple for self-publishers to design their books. above all, it adds professional instruction for graphics professionals who need the additional skills to become book designers.
Here is what is inside … Plan, Design, Print, and Sell well-designed books.
Plan – Design Fundamentals – Planning a Book – Book Structure
Design – Getting Started – Interior Pages – Cover Design & Binding – Extras for Books
Print – Printing on Press
Sell – Selling & Marketing – Build a Website
To sum it up, add this valuable graphic design book to your library!
This book is for you if you:
- want to learn more about how to design books and you already use Adobe InDesign
- are interested in designing high-end books. Since few schools teach book design, even trained graphic artists, desktop publishers, and self-publishing authors have little exposure to skills for professional book design
- would like to command higher design fees. Learning book design is essential for graphic artists to enhance skills – earn more
- you know that ell-designed books justify charging a higher retail price
- a graphic design book is a vital reference to hone your skills
This book is NOT for you if:
- you don’t have Adobe InDesign or understand how to use it
- charging a lower retail price for average or poor book design doesn’t bother you
- a $50 cover is good enough for you
- you went to design school recently and they focused on book design, binding, printing, that is all aspects of “Plan, Design, Print, Sell”
- math is not your thing. Let’s say you are selling a book for $29.95. Buy Book Design: Simple & Professional and can now sell books for $5 or $10 more. You are printing 1,000 copies on press. Do the math!
Nancy Starkman is a book designer and author of Book Design: Simple & Professional. It is a graphic design book for self-publishers who want simple instruction to design their book themselves. It is also for graphic artists who want to specialize in professional book design.
Nancy manages the high-quality printing and design of all types of books styles and bindings as president of Star Print Brokers. As a result, you can benefit from all of her years of experience.
Learn book design from a professional, as Nancy has decades of design and publishing experience. If you are looking for graphic design books, be sure get a copy of Book Design: Simple & Professional.
Well-designed books sell for more! Buy now!
If you are a self-publisher, you could save thousands of dollars on book design fees. Charge a higher retail price for a well-designed book.
If you are a graphics professional, you can charge higher book design fees as a book designer versus a graphic artist. Plus, it take less time to design books with Book Design: Simple and Professional, a graphic design book.